The Jubaland Chamber of Commerce and Industry functions for the benefit of local business community in the Jubaland region.
- To better serve the business community and fulfill its mandate the Jubaland Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture has the following essential functions:
- To represent and safeguard the interests of its members and the business community in general and promote their activities.
- To seek and find wider markets for Jubaland goods and services.
- To promote good business practices and provide the best possible services to its members on a sustainable basis.
- To collect, compile and disseminate statistical data and other information pertaining to trade, commerce, industry and agriculture, fishery and livestock.
- To collaborate with regional/international chambers, organisations, or bodies in order to foster mutually beneficial relationships.
- To send business delegations abroad with the aim of establishing commercial links, promoting investment and trade, locating markets for local products and encouraging joint ventures.
- To receive foreign business delegations and arrange meetings between them and the Jubaland business community to exchange information as well as experiences for commercial relations.
- To study the problems and difficulties confronting the national economy and suggest solutions in collaboration with competent experts.